You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of GlockForum.com    
Glock Forum > Glock Forums > Glock Forum > How accurate is your Glock 26?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 11:36 PM   #1
sparx

Default How accurate is your Glock 26?

I have owned my Glock 26 G4 for quite a while now, bought it new, and still was struggling with accuracy at 40'.

Finally today I bench rested the pistol and fired some 7 round groups to find the gun shoots consistently at 7 o'clock and the groups are about 6" or so.

I have taken care of the pistol, cleaned the barrel from the breech as any semi auto, in fact did not use any wire brush only nylon and of course cotton patches with Hoppe's Bench Rest 9.

sparx

Last edited by sparx; 03-13-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #2
Kmurray96
GF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1307 Times on 1044 Posts
Likes Given: 2404

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparx View Post
I have owned my Glock 26 G4 for quite a while now and still was struggling with accuracy at 40'.

Finally today I bench rested the pistol and fired some 7 round groups to find the gun shoots consistently at 7 o'clock and the groups are about 6" or so.

Now I know why I have been struggling with this pistol having many fliers.

I hate to say this but my Keltec PF9 out shoots this Glock.

I have taken care of the pistol, cleaned the barrel from the breech as any semi auto, in fact did not use any wire brush only nylon and of course cotton patches with Hoppe's Bench Rest 9.

This seems poor for 40'.
Gun has 2000 rounds through it, 100% reliable, that I have to say is super!
sparx
I changed out the rod on my G36 to a s/s rod from www.glockstore.com . Fixed my accuracy problem right up. A slight tweak on the sights might help. Know anyone with a laser bore site?

God, family, country...
Death before dishonor!

America's #1 Infidel

“The only thing standing between you and your goal is the BS story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”
― Jordan Belfort
"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Retired 25-year LEO (NJDOC)
NRA Life-Member, GSSF member, Oathkeeper, Master Mason and former USN "Tin-Can Sailor"
Certified Glock Armorer
Glock Sport Shooting Foundation: www.gssfonline.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/kmurf

Old 02-03-2012, 11:55 PM   #3
nukinfuts29

Liked 125 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Send a message via MSN to nukinfuts29

My 26 is dead on, sometimes I'm not. 40' may be tricky with the 26/27, the rod should help

Old 02-04-2012, 12:26 AM   #4
Mike P

Liked 660 Times on 526 Posts
Likes Given: 646

7 o'clock is very typical for users that arent used to the triggers on glocks. I did the same exact crap for a loooooong time when i first started shooting glocks. Sometimes i still do on a new purchase but only for a few rounds.

Im actually more accurate, more consistantly with my sub compacts than i am my others. You may indeed need a sight tweek......oooor more trigger time on it.

Dont give up just yet. Keep on shooting. It will come.

Old 02-04-2012, 01:04 AM   #5
Mike P

If they are willing to look at it make sure its 100% stock before sending it in.

Still dont think its the gun seeing how rare it is for them to leave the factory messed up.....but not ruling it out either.

Old 02-04-2012, 01:09 AM   #6
bhale187
GF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 489 Times on 372 Posts
Likes Given: 235

The only time I shoot subcompacts past 7 yards is to qualify with off duty.

My G27 is good to 15 yards, at 25 yards I generally only hit about 5 or 6 of 8 rds into an 8x11" paper.

My Keltec P3AT I can generally hit all 8 in the paper.

DISCLAIMER: My views, opinions and postings are personal and are not representative of my profession, agency, or any other entity.

Last edited by bhale187; 02-04-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Old 02-04-2012, 01:14 AM   #7
Mike P

Sub compacts not accurate? Really...

Old 02-04-2012, 01:31 AM   #8
Kmurray96
GF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1307 Times on 1044 Posts
Likes Given: 2404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
7 o'clock is very typical for users that arent used to the triggers on glocks. I did the same exact crap for a loooooong time when i first started shooting glocks. Sometimes i still do on a new purchase but only for a few rounds.

Im actually more accurate, more consistantly with my sub compacts than i am my others. You may indeed need a sight tweek......oooor more trigger time on it.

Dont give up just yet. Keep on shooting. It will come.
Had one of my range masters in the dept. show us a little thing he does. With an empty gun he grips the gun one-handed and opens his bottom three fingers. The gun is only held by his thumb web and trigger finger. He then instructed us to watch the front sight and squeeze steady through the click. He said to hold it in any position, just keep doing it till the front sight stopped moving. Took awhile since you have to keep racking the slide on a H&K. But I'll be danged if he didn't know what he was talking about. It's even easier with the Glock. With the slide off just push down on the trigger bar to reset the trigger

God, family, country...
Death before dishonor!

America's #1 Infidel

“The only thing standing between you and your goal is the BS story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”
― Jordan Belfort
"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Retired 25-year LEO (NJDOC)
NRA Life-Member, GSSF member, Oathkeeper, Master Mason and former USN "Tin-Can Sailor"
Certified Glock Armorer
Glock Sport Shooting Foundation: www.gssfonline.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/kmurf

Old 02-04-2012, 03:21 AM   #9
nukinfuts29

Liked 125 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Send a message via MSN to nukinfuts29

Thats a trick for shooting most things. A bow hunter can relax his grip on the bow, holding the grip only be pinching it between the thumb and pointer, letting it "float". It works because by reducing fingers you reduce the influence your muslces are having on the weapon. Most people grip too tightly or unevenly.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:34 AM   #10
CSparky

I shoot a 26 and a 21. I have a harder time with the shorter sight radius on the 26. That is a trigger time issue as far as I am concerned. I'm know that when I rally take my my time and am surprised when the gun goes bang, my score improves. Between shooting a SP101, Walther PPK/S and then the Glocks, the different trigger pulls can give me fits!

Quick Reply