You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of GlockForum.com    
Glock Forum > Glock Forums > Glock Forum >

Glock 43 Fail to Feed, New Type of Issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2017, 01:38 PM   #11
PattonWasRight

Liked 370 Times on 293 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG43 View Post
Thanks for posting this. I've not had any issues with any of my mags so far, but good to be aware of this should it arise.

How much had you used the mag before the problem started to occur? Is this a new mag and it started right away? Or did this problem develop over time?
I know, I've checked all mine now on my carry guns.

That's a good question ... the gun is relatively new, have 600 round through it. I have 3 mags for it, and I rotate mags every 4 months, so Iím concluding that I never actually used this mag at the range / shot through it. I will say, definitively, thereís no way that the plastic somehow melted and crept out of that hole, or at the bottom ... that had to occur during its manufacture.

Honestly, it was a relief when I took apart the mag and saw it. Thatís a much simpler & easily remedied problem than debugging the whole gun!

Yeah, bottom line, something new to look at/confirm unfortunately when you buy new mags for a carry gun, but peace of mind when you do.

Just an odd thing, hopefully not more prevalent.

Part-Time Sales at Major Firearms Retailer
RG43 Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2017, 08:41 PM   #12
Papa-T

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts

I never saw a follower that fouled up. Looks like QC missed one to me. I put a plus 2 on one of my G42 Mags and it hung up continuously after the first two rounds. I took a fine finger nail file to the edges of the follower and haven't had any problems at the range with it since. However I never concealed carry with that particular Mag anymore... you know just in case. Pierce plus one has never failed me and so far all my Stock mags are fine. Only have 7 tho.
Checked my G19 mags after reading this and they all look fine considering over 1,000 rounds on 'em. They don't look new but they don't have any real scratches or gouging on them.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply