Glock Forum > Glock Forums > Glock Forum > Fulcrum Trigger Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
Minkman

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Fulcrum Trigger Review

Hey guys I wanted to give my mini review of the Fulcrum Trigger I got myself as a Christmas present. First off I want to say Glockworx has great customer service (rare with many firearm company's ) -- I accidentally forgot a part of the order and they promptly corrected it , and the representative on the phone was very nice. I got the trigger in 3 days (from Cali to FL a few days before Christmas !!) okay now here's my review.

I got the drop in unit , and installation was scary easy -- I never stripped anything on a glock frame and was hesitant to even try (I'm not very handy) , but I followed the YouTube instructions and had the trigger installed and frame reassembled in about 3 minutes.

The second part involved putting in the titanium saftey plunger and 3# spring , which took about 3 1/2 hours (note : 3 hours and 24 minutes were spent looking for one of the black striker cups that flew across the room LOL)

So once I got everything installed , I did some dry firing . My first impressions were "wow , what a smoother trigger" , now keep in mind I hadn't made any adjustments to the trigger yet -- as for pull weight the pull was maybe a pound less then stock ... It was a much smoother and better feeling trigger , and with the glockworx settings it's a much improved trigger then the OEM.

NOW it's time to make adjustments ... I feel most people would love the factory setting , but I personally wanted to see how far this trigger can go and WOW was I surprised ...

It took about 3 or 4 times to get my "sweet spot" , but when I finally did -- I was shocked at how perfect this trigger is ...p

I took away most of the pre-travel and slightly gave a smidge more overtravel to ensure a perfect reset. I don't have a pull gauge but I'd say this setting is a low 3lb (yet very firm) pull with pretravel practically eliminated.

I went to the range and my groups improved so drastically it was like I was shooting a 19. The safety's are perfect and I honestly think that due to the size of the trigger and safety pad that they are even safer then the OEM trigger.... I shot 300 rounds yesterday without a single problem , and again -- my groups were superb and the fulcrum really made this a whole new gun.

This (in my opinion) should be how glocks come from the factory ... I know many say "OEM only" but I don't believe glock or any other firearm manufacturer is "perfect" and even glocks can have weak spots and failures.

The price may be high , but the product is honestly the best upgrade I've ever had in any pistol. I've had ghost rockets in my prior glocks , LWD's , and Apex kits in my M&P's ... This trigger is leagues beyond all of those ...

Here's a video I just made showing some dry fires (sorry for the angles , I live alone and only have an iPad so it was hard to keep a good angle being that I can't see the screen)

Overall , well worth the $180 and all of my future glocks will use this trigger .
image-2616272978.jpg   image-3809901654.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
G-23
Premium Member

Liked 155 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 155

Mind telling us HOW they acheived that?

Old 12-31-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
ChrisG17-4

Liked 70 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkman View Post
Hey guys I wanted to give my mini review of the Fulcrum Trigger I got myself as a Christmas present. First off I want to say Glockworx has great customer service (rare with many firearm company's ) -- I accidentally forgot a part of the order and they promptly corrected it , and the representative on the phone was very nice. I got the trigger in 3 days (from Cali to FL a few days before Christmas !!) okay now here's my review.

I got the drop in unit , and installation was scary easy -- I never stripped anything on a glock frame and was hesitant to even try (I'm not very handy) , but I followed the YouTube instructions and had the trigger installed and frame reassembled in about 3 minutes.

The second part involved putting in the titanium saftey plunger and 3# spring , which took about 3 1/2 hours (note : 3 hours and 24 minutes were spent looking for one of the black striker cups that flew across the room LOL)

So once I got everything installed , I did some dry firing . My first impressions were "wow , what a smoother trigger" , now keep in mind I hadn't made any adjustments to the trigger yet -- as for pull weight the pull was maybe a pound less then stock ... It was a much smoother and better feeling trigger , and with the glockworx settings it's a much improved trigger then the OEM.

NOW it's time to make adjustments ... I feel most people would love the factory setting , but I personally wanted to see how far this trigger can go and WOW was I surprised ...

It took about 3 or 4 times to get my "sweet spot" , but when I finally did -- I was shocked at how perfect this trigger is ...p

I took away most of the pre-travel and slightly gave a smidge more overtravel to ensure a perfect reset. I don't have a pull gauge but I'd say this setting is a low 3lb (yet very firm) pull with pretravel practically eliminated.

I went to the range and my groups improved so drastically it was like I was shooting a 19. The safety's are perfect and I honestly think that due to the size of the trigger and safety pad that they are even safer then the OEM trigger.... I shot 300 rounds yesterday without a single problem , and again -- my groups were superb and the fulcrum really made this a whole new gun.

This (in my opinion) should be how glocks come from the factory ... I know many say "OEM only" but I don't believe glock or any other firearm manufacturer is "perfect" and even glocks can have weak spots and failures.

The price may be high , but the product is honestly the best upgrade I've ever had in any pistol. I've had ghost rockets in my prior glocks , LWD's , and Apex kits in my M&P's ... This trigger is leagues beyond all of those ...

Here's a video I just made showing some dry fires (sorry for the angles , I live alone and only have an iPad so it was hard to keep a good angle being that I can't see the screen)

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOEepErzy_Q

Overall , well worth the $180 and all of my future glocks will use this trigger .
I have the same trigger on my 17 and I love it!
Old 01-01-2013, 12:46 AM   #4
Minkman

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-23 View Post
Mind telling us HOW they acheived that?
I'm confused , what do you mean ?

Old 01-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
G-23
Premium Member

Liked 155 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkman View Post
I'm confused , what do you mean ?
What improvements in the trigger system did they make that creates a shorter, crisper, and reduced pull?

I presume you had to replace the triggerbar, trigger housing, firing pin safety and firing pin spring. So what are the differences in the items replaced and how do they contribute individually to a better system?

Many folks might hear you say, "Wow I really like this!" But it might help if you can explain what the new system does that is different than the old one.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
TM23_co

Liked 46 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'm not one for judging but it looks like you put too much of your trigger finger through on the trigger itself. I was taught not to exceed past the very first knuckle. Looks like you're on the second knuckle.

Try just the pad of your finger. Will probably feel a night and day difference.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #7
Minkman

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM23_co View Post
I'm not one for judging but it looks like you put too much of your trigger finger through on the trigger itself. I was taught not to exceed past the very first knuckle. Looks like you're on the second knuckle.

Try just the pad of your finger. Will probably feel a night and day difference.
I do the same I was just trying to get a good camera angle .

Old 01-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #8
Minkman

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-23 View Post
What improvements in the trigger system did they make that creates a shorter, crisper, and reduced pull?

I presume you had to replace the triggerbar, trigger housing, firing pin safety and firing pin spring. So what are the differences in the items replaced and how do they contribute individually to a better system?

Many folks might hear you say, "Wow I really like this!" But it might help if you can explain what the new system does that is different than the old one.
Okay , we'll the trigger is aluminum and has a bigger saftey ...

The housing is all polished , it comes with a V4 connector , and a 3# Striker spring (and a reduced spring but I don't use it) ...

The mechanics and feel of just the trigger is much better then OEM ... This isn't a ghost rocket or lwd connector it's an entire drop in replacement ...

What makes this a better system is simple to answer ... The trigger feels amazing , and it's smoother then OEM ... If you were to just drop this trigger in and not adjust it -- it will have a 4.5-5lb pull similar to OEM's pull weight but will feel better ...

The thing with this is it has adjustment screws on the front and back of the trigger (cannot be seen when gun is assembled) ...

You can adjust this unit however you want , which is why (in my opinion) this is a MUCH better system then others -- I removed almost all the pretravel and a little overtravel ...

Some would like a little more or less pretravel so you can really make this trigger however you want.

The reset is crisper then OEM , the pull is much smoother , and I can shoot 9mm groups with my current setup.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:08 AM   #9
Blades

Liked 74 Times on 68 Posts

Thanks for the review.

--Jason--

Old 01-02-2013, 12:42 AM   #10
Southlake
View from my recliner!
GF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 694 Times on 563 Posts
Likes Given: 717

Thanks for the review. It was wealth thought out and worded.

Quick Reply