You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of GlockForum.com    
Glock Forum > Glock Forums > Glock Forum >

Cleaning Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2017, 11:12 PM   #11
BuzzinSATX

Liked 713 Times on 513 Posts
Likes Given: 1052

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Obviously I won't make judgments on your SD training.

You have two novice shooters here. The reality is that the woman in this scenario is not well trained and has zero experience in SD shooting. As such the 42 in a panic situation will more than likely stove pipe.

Neither the OP or his wife have shot handguns. And you want to already put a 42 in the hands of a novice for SD. I won't call YOU ignorant. But I see all I need to know about your expertise in SD.
Looks like you are a contradiction there...

I have no idea what your level of "expertise" is...but you sure like to make a lot of assumptions on folks you don't know.

My issue with your original statement was the word "woman" Had you said "inexperienced shooter", we wouldn't be having this conversation.

But you said woman, and that clearly made the statement sexist, and as a husband and father of a family with three female shooters, it was insulting.

Now, that said, I would not own a G42 personally because it is notorious for issues. So I too think the gun has issues, but those issues, if present, materialize with both male AND female shooters.

So get of your high, sexist horse, and quit acting like the south end of your northbound ride.

Heron Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2017, 04:16 AM   #12
dad2jj82

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the info, I appreciate the knowledge and look forward to picking your brains. My wife did in fact in jam up g42 on her third shot. Our Two friends who have been working with us told her that she was limp wristing it. This was on her friends well shot g42. They explained what it was and that her friend had same issues at first. After an afternoon of shooting she never had another issue with it once form was corrected. I am more than confident in her abilities to handle more than a revolver. She did just fine with a .40 and 9 mm, she just doesn't like the size of them for future conceal. We are inexperienced however i feel most start out with no experience.Time on the range with instruction will help that out.

BuzzinSATX Likes This 
Old 08-13-2017, 08:45 PM   #13
BuzzinSATX

Liked 713 Times on 513 Posts
Likes Given: 1052

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2jj82 View Post
Thanks for the info, I appreciate the knowledge and look forward to picking your brains. My wife did in fact in jam up g42 on her third shot. Our Two friends who have been working with us told her that she was limp wristing it. This was on her friends well shot g42. They explained what it was and that her friend had same issues at first. After an afternoon of shooting she never had another issue with it once form was corrected.
The reason Glock's have this "limp wrist' issue is due to the guns design. The gun frame is so lightweight that if there isn't sufficient resistance to allow the slide to cycle properly unless the firearm is held properly. Can't cheat physics...

https://youtu.be/H_Uqtz2asE4

Old 08-14-2017, 03:35 AM   #14
Rocknglock

If you just run a dry cleaning patch through the barrel you can't go wrong.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:34 AM   #15
Easy_CZ
GF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1131 Times on 848 Posts
Likes Given: 1100

Default Cleaning Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
Well, if you weren't being sexist, then I guess you were just being ignorant....

You want to give a woman a revolver because...why exactly? She's not smart enough to use a semi-auto?

So let's handicap her with a rounds limited, slow to reload, harder recoiling, bulkier to carry handgun because she has breasts?

Your statement is seriously flawed...

Agreed.

When someone states "Not to be fill-in-the-blank, BUT...", that's a clear indicator that said denier is in fact exactly what the fill-in-the-blank description was.

Total sexist fail. I'm embarrassed for him, it was so blatantly generalized, condescending, and ignorant. 🏻*

Last edited by Easy_CZ; 08-14-2017 at 05:04 AM.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:48 AM   #16
Easy_CZ
GF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1131 Times on 848 Posts
Likes Given: 1100

Default Cleaning Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2jj82 View Post
Hey first time post. A little background info. I am not experienced at all and have only shot guns a couple times. I recently decided it was time and then my wife says........ I wouldn't mind having a handgun. We shot g42, Sig Sauer 9mm, .22lcp, another 9mm and also a .40. Long story short she bought g42 and I a g26. My question is before we shoot the first time should we clean them or not. Ive read clean em, Ive read shoot em. What says the Glock owners. Pardon my ignorance.

Back on topic, you're good-to-go shooting a Glock straight out of the box. I've done it. Thousands have. But, it never hurts to learn how to field strip your new guns either. While disassembled, inspect the firearm, run a bore snake or some patches through the barrel, add a touch of Ballistol to the rails, reassemble and go to town!

Check out Hickok45's channel in YouTube. He has a very good Glock cleaning video.

I would also recommend signing yourself and your wife up for an introductory to firearms class. Safety first.

Good shooting! Welcome to the forum!

Cleaning Question - Glock Forum

Last edited by Easy_CZ; 08-14-2017 at 04:51 AM.
BuzzinSATX Likes This 
Old 08-14-2017, 05:14 AM   #17
Nkeinonen

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Shoot first but I personally clean and lubricate every time I shoot but with glocks you don't have too

Sent from my SM-G955U using Glock Forum mobile app

Old 08-14-2017, 11:09 PM   #18
dad2jj82

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks, and I agree when someone starts out with a statement like that its shows their intentions generally. We do plan on instructional courses in fact many of them. It is a way we can go on dates with out the kiddos.

Quick Reply