You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of GlockForum.com    
Glock Forum > Glock Forums > Glock Forum > Any Reviews on KKM Barrels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
gunlover66030

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Any Reviews on KKM Barrels

I'm looking to get a barrel for my new Glock 34. Wanting to shoot lead for competitions to keep cost down. So I'm looking for anyone who has a KKM barrel an like it?
Thanks for any input, Bob

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2012, 12:06 AM   #2
zipper046
GF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Had one. My Lone Wolf and stock barrels were more accurate. Throat/chamber were a tad too tight for reloads too...but in fairness sometimes there are variances in barrel tolerances..

Old 05-18-2012, 12:09 AM   #3
bringtheheat

LWD lone wolf distributors makes great barrels, i have 2 of them on my g22/ it now fires 40s&w .357 sig & 9mm with the change of a barrel. 9mm requires 9mm mag.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:17 AM   #4
gunlover66030

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Thanks for your input guys, this stock barrel is very accurate but my understanding since this is my first Glock that I shouldn't send lead thru it? Is that correct?
I have read some good an some what good reviews on LWD barrels. This is why I enjoy this sight alot because I get good feedback and learn alot. The reviews I have read on KKM barrels have been all good. Thanks again, Bob

Old 05-18-2012, 01:22 AM   #5
ifish42na
ifish42na

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

My G21 KKM is excellent, read a review here.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:52 AM   #6
zipper046
GF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover66030
Thanks for your input guys, this stock barrel is very accurate but my understanding since this is my first Glock that I shouldn't send lead thru it? Is that correct?
I have read some good an some what good reviews on LWD barrels. This is why I enjoy this sight alot because I get good feedback and learn alot. The reviews I have read on KKM barrels have been all good. Thanks again, Bob
I know folks, and have myself, run lead in stock Glock barrels. The issue is the polygonal rifling, which can lead up easily which causes pressure spikes resulting in damage from "kabooms". Many will tell you it's an issue with Glocks...NOT! It's an issue of over pressurization and I've seen it happen with firearms other than Glocks.

If you run lead in a stock barrel the rounds need to be slow enough where you don't get leading. This is achieved via reloading ("rolling your own").

A good benefit of aftermarket barrels is they work the brass less, especially if you reload your brass. Remember, the brass casings expand in the chamber and when reloaded are squeezed back to original size. Do this over and over and it works the brass. I've actually seem brass with rings down by the case head from being reloaded and shot so much.

The aftermarket barrels tend to have tighter chambers which limits the expansion of the brass...you also don't get the "Glock bulge" and have better case head support (at least in some cases).

Hope this helps.

Z-

Old 05-18-2012, 03:31 AM   #7
brutusvk

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I have KKM barrels in two of my pistols. We actually had a bullitin at work about lonewolf barrels and some issues. (357 sig) I really like the KKM barrels. Accurate and have no problems with my reloads.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:17 AM   #8
nukinfuts29

Liked 125 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Send a message via MSN to nukinfuts29

Great barrels

Old 05-18-2012, 06:24 AM   #9
sgtcowboyusmc

Liked 316 Times on 241 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

I have an Extended Barrel with ports on a G 21! I love it!

Old 05-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #10
buzznrose

Liked 161 Times on 133 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I have a KKM .40 barrel in my G23 and have nit had any problems at all. I shoot offhand, so i cannot tell you if it is more accurate or not, but I'm still hitting about the same as always. I don't shoot lead or reload my own bullets anymore but I typically buy remanufactured rounds. After shooting thousands of reman ammo, I had a kaboom with BVAC 180 FMJ. Scary! After much research, I bought a KKM. Not totally sure this is 100% guarantee to prevent another KB but I feel better shooting reman ammo.

"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is". Clint Eastwood as Josey Wales

Quick Reply