Hillwig Tool Universal Site Pusher Giveaway!
Glock Forum > Glock Forums > Holsters and Cases > PHLster kydex holster.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
Jay28
Ut Vivant Alli

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default PHLster kydex holster.

As being fairly new to Glocks in general I did several months of looking around and reading reviews of different style holster from different manufacturers, even trying several out at the range, and finally settled on a holster from PHLster (a small family owned company out of Philadelphia that makes all of their products as ordered). Now I will say now that I do not know if anyone has already posted about PHLsters and if there has been posts regarding them in the past I apologize now. With that said and out of the way. I purchased the Skeleton IWB holster from PHLster and could not happier. Its kydex and has a single snap loop for securing it to a belt as wide as 2 inches and you can adjust the height that the holster "rides". I IN MY OPINION, I feel that the retention that it offers is adequate, not too much to prevent a quick draw, and not too light as to permit the firearm from falling out or coming loose while under normal wearing. It is very comfortable as well, I have had it on most of the day while running around the house getting the "honey do" list done and have no complaints about pinching or poking. I have attached some pictures so you can get an idea of what it looks like.

Price shipped: $45.00
Wait time: Website states 4-6 weeks I had it in a little more than a week.

Overall I am very pleased with the quality of this holster as compared to others I have tried, and helping out a smaller company is always cool in my book.
If you havent already, give them a look at PHLster.com, they make several other products.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
dwcfastrice
GF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1058 Times on 887 Posts
Likes Given: 1533

Send a message via MSN to dwcfastrice Send a message via Yahoo to dwcfastrice

NICE. THank you for the review. Judging by the name I guessed they were local to Philly.

I'll check them out. Love supporting local businesses.

here's the website, BTW: http://www.phlster.com/

D

Old 08-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
CountryMick
GF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 558 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 1568

Like the looks of the kydex, very efficient and minimalist. Not digging the nylon loop. Think they'd swap that loop out for a clip?

Old 08-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
GunnerGSP

Liked 195 Times on 163 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcfastrice
NICE. THank you for the review. Judging by the name I guessed they were local to Philly.

I'll check them out. Love supporting local businesses.

here's the website, BTW: http://www.phlster.com/

D
This guy has a YouTube channel under phillyedc. He features his products and even has some 'how to' videos.

cruci dum spiro fido

Last edited by GunnerGSP; 08-07-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #5
unit44justin

Liked 49 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I just revently received my skeleton holster from him as well. Excellent quality with specific attention to detail. He is always trying to improve his holsters any way he can, and if something is updated he offers to replace the old parts with new ones for any customer who previously purchased the same holster from him. I think he is currently about 2-3 weeks out on any custom holster, the black kydex glock skeleton holsters he had already made and in stock. His you .tube channel is great and is always willing to give pointers and help to those that are trying their hand at making their own holsters. Definitely recommend PHLster holsters.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #6
Jay28
Ut Vivant Alli

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryMick View Post
Like the looks of the kydex, very efficient and minimalist. Not digging the nylon loop. Think they'd swap that loop out for a clip?
They very well may, and even if it was something that they would not be willing to do you could probably do it as a little at home DIY. The loop isn't "nylon" really its more of a leather that you would see used maybe on a key chain or chain wallet if you know what I mean.. Either way thanks for reading my first little "review" that I decided to do at 4am bored and suffering from insomnia.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #7
CountryMick
GF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 558 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 1568

Thanks for the info (and know what you mean about the keychain loop thing). Good review.

Quick Reply