Glock Forum > Glock Forums > Holsters and Cases > Forrest City Tactical initial review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 02:12 AM   #1
buzznrose

Liked 161 Times on 133 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Default Forrest City Tactical initial review

A little over a week ago, messaged Forrest City Tactical, a vendor here, about ordering a Kydex OWB holsterand double mag pouch in navy blue for my new XDm 3.8 compact, from .

Bill contacted me immediately after inquiring and told me that he could make the holster for me, and that he'd just ordered the blue gun for the mold.

I recieved a message about 4 days later (Thursday) telling me he'd recieved the mold, and the next day, I recieved another message on Friday that the holster was in the mail.

So I got it in the mail today, and it is a very nice holster. Tight retention, and fits well on my hip. I also love the matching dual mag pouch.

Disclaimer...the only reason I ordered from FCT was because Defensive Holsters did not yet have the gun for the mold, and FCT contacted me first. Mike at DHI did contact me, but not until after I'd already ordered.

So I can honestly say I now have two remarkable vendors for Kydex holsters. Both have great service times (a week from order to recieving the goods). Both followed up great with emails. Both provide excellent products.

Anyone considering an OWB Kydex holster from Raven Concealment, with their 5 week wait, should definitely consider ordering from either of these vendors...you will not be disappointed!

"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is". Clint Eastwood as Josey Wales
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 05:10 AM   #2
Shooting98

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

What about pics?

Old 10-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
buzznrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting98
What about pics?
Yeah...shoulda known this forum loves pics. I'll try and remember to post some tonight.

Not much of a picture taker. I just got back from a week long road trip to a Gunsite class, and I didn't take a single picture. Just not my thing, to my own regret sometimes.
"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is". Clint Eastwood as Josey Wales

Old 10-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
BILL-FCT

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Thanks for the review buzz.

If you don't mind, I'll post the pics I took before I shipped it out.

And typically, I ship out the day after your order, at the most 2 days. In this instance, I didn't have the blue gun (mold) for his gun, so I had to wait on my supplier for that.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
buzznrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL-FCT

And typically, I ship out the day after your order, at the most 2 days. In this instance, I didn't have the blue gun (mold) for his gun, so I had to wait on my supplier for that.
Thanks for the pics Bill. Take care,

Old 10-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
buzznrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL-FCT

Also, sorry for misspelling "Forest"

Old 10-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #7
Mike P

Liked 657 Times on 525 Posts
Likes Given: 646

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzznrose

Disclaimer...the only reason I ordered from FCT was because Defensive Holsters did not yet have the gun for the mold, and FCT contacted me first. Mike at DHI did contact me, but not until after I'd already ordered.
Thanks for the mention. For the record we have a few XD/XDM blue guns on the way. Should be here anyday. I hate we didnt already have them but it looks like you were taken care of.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:24 AM   #8
buzznrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
Thanks for the mention. For the record we have a few XD/XDM blue guns on the way. Should be here anyday. I hate we didnt already have them but it looks like you were taken care of.
Yes, FCT took care of me, but I have not forgotten how you guys hooked me up with the belt loops on my last holster, and I'll be doing business with y'all again for sure.

Take care, Mike,

Quick Reply