You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of GlockForum.com    
Glock Forum > General Discussion > General Firearm Forum >

Your Loved Ones: Fer ya or agin ya?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2017, 12:05 AM   #11
glockfan4life

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Pro gun family...we all carry and respect that right to do so.

Fogey Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2017, 09:36 PM   #12
ABeck88

Liked 337 Times on 283 Posts

My wife was very against me carrying a gun when we were dating. Now, she owns two of her own guns and is comforted by the fact that we have numerous firearms in the house. She keeps trying to lay claim to my SBR but I'm winning that argument so far...

Watch their hands, hands kill! In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Fogey Likes This 
Old 02-19-2017, 10:08 PM   #13
kennydale

Liked 395 Times on 343 Posts
Likes Given: 857

It took my wife about two years to warm up to GUNS. She has a basic knowledge of shooting and can handle her G26
Fogey Likes This 
Old 02-19-2017, 11:09 PM   #14
Fogey
fogey

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 44

I had a lot of bad luck with wimmens! Talked to my shrink buddy and he said; YOU pick the woman...!!! Don't let them pick you because wimmens like to change men!
Git one that as close to every thing you like as possible.

Took me 45 years and a lot of prayer. I hit the jackpot about 31 years ago in a couple days.

As we grow older now we have let the calibers get lower because the days for beating up our hands have past.... Wife is hanging on to her 45 LC Rugers. and long guns. I'm trying to break her in on some 380 these days.

She packs the little guys and she's a sharp shooter with her 22's,

Bout the only thing that's hard for us to decide is which vehicle to drive to church. My Ole pickup which I love or her ole Park Ave Buick which she loves. Dang! Should I have been a lil more selective?????

Last edited by Fogey; 02-19-2017 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Because I can.
ukcats Likes This 
Old 02-20-2017, 01:39 AM   #15
GPerfection

Liked 84 Times on 67 Posts

My wife is all for it and many times more likely to leave the store with a new gun. When she seen the Kimber Micro - had to have it. She shot my G34 and we left the range with a G19 for her. She then talked me into buying a Walther P22 for the kid to shoot. There was a time where I had to steer her away from the shoe department, now I steer her away from the Kimber's(pretty guns)at the shop.

Old 02-20-2017, 02:54 AM   #16
MikeG

Liked 43 Times on 31 Posts

My wife had never shot or cared for guns before we married. Now she has broke me. Lol. Taurus 709, Ruger SR9c, Keltec p32, Kahr 380, Glock 42as her carry and Gen 3 Vickers 17. Sometimes your better off if they don't like the sport!

Old 02-20-2017, 01:41 PM   #17
johneli2

Liked 9 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
My wife had never shot or cared for guns before we married. Now she has broke me. Lol. Taurus 709, Ruger SR9c, Keltec p32, Kahr 380, Glock 42as her carry and Gen 3 Vickers 17. Sometimes your better off if they don't like the sport!
This convinces me that I should take my chances with my wife going to the mall rather than the gun store.

Old 02-20-2017, 02:57 PM   #18
ronnie948

Liked 130 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I took my Friends sister to the range when she was down on vacation. This Lady was 100% afraid of guns.It was not that she did not like them, or thought no person should own one.
She was getting a divorce from a WHACKO and was told to either go away or get protection.
Well, I brought my G-43 , My G-19 , a Colt 1911 and my AR-15.
I taught her how to handle the gun and always treat it as fully loaded.
I taught her how to load the Magazines with my Maglula speed loaders.
She shot the 19 first and then the 43
The 1911 she fired but did not really like as much as the Glock 19
Of course she fell in love with the AR-15 ( Who Wouldn't?)
She shot at least 100 rounds through each gun and found she liked the G-19 best.
She was a good shot with both eyes open and at 45 feet hitting the man size paper target.
She got very comfortable with guns and went home and bought a Glock 19 gen 4 and joined the N.R.A. and joined a indoor range and does not worry about going out or staying home alone.
I have taken a few people to the range that did not like guns or were afraid of them and made converts out of them.
My one neighbor that once did not think anyone should own a gun is now a N.R.A. member and goes to the range with his Glock and AR 15 often.
It seems like most Americans have never ever been around a firearm so they believe everything they see and hear on TV about how bad and dangerous a gun is.
If any of you have a friend or neighbor that feels like most Media Brain Washed gun hating Americans, Try to get them to the range with you and teach them how much fun it can be punching holes in a piece of paper.
Education is still the best thing you can do for the mis-informed.
Ronnie

Last edited by ronnie948; 02-20-2017 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Spellin

Old 02-20-2017, 07:38 PM   #19
Bayou

Liked 79 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 33

My wife is mostly indifferent and has a "whatever lights your fire" attitude about my Glock. I do get a little grief from her when I buy cigars though because they're bad for my health.

Old 02-20-2017, 11:21 PM   #20
johneli2

Liked 9 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPerfection View Post
My wife is all for it and many times more likely to leave the store with a new gun. When she seen the Kimber Micro - had to have it. She shot my G34 and we left the range with a G19 for her. She then talked me into buying a Walther P22 for the kid to shoot. There was a time where I had to steer her away from the shoe department, now I steer her away from the Kimber's(pretty guns)at the shop.
LOL! Let me in on your shoe department deflection secret.......

Quick Reply