You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of GlockForum.com    
Glock Forum > General Discussion > General Firearm Forum >

Internet Fire Arm Trades?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2017, 12:14 AM   #1
redwing471

Likes Given: 1

Default Internet Fire Arm Trades?

Has anyone done this before? If so, how did you do the deal fairly if it was a gun for gun trade? Stipulate in packing of your firearm that the other person's FFL had to hear from your FFL that both guns had made it before the paper work could be completed?

Just curious on how to safely do such a transaction?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017, 12:49 AM   #2
morph860

Liked 173 Times on 146 Posts

I've done them before. The last one I did was before I had my FFL. My local dealer took so long to ship the item that the person I was trading with thought I ripped him off. He kept telling me that he shipped it but couldn't give me a tracking number. One of the reasons I decided to purse my FFL. If you could get the 2 FFL's to talk and coordinate it, that would be the best way.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:31 PM   #3
GARRIGA

Liked 64 Times on 49 Posts

Here's an idea. Both send payment of equal and agreed amount via PayPal. Each ships to the others FFL and provides tracking info to PayPal. Simple to do. Any issues and PayPal refunds the affected party. Worse case the other purchased your gun at fair market value. The 3% charge is peace of mind.

Haven't done this. Just a thought process I've had on other items where trades without or with cash were involved.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:00 PM   #4
morph860

Liked 173 Times on 146 Posts

I think you'll be fine if each of you uses a smaller FFL and not a big retail store. The bigger stores won't want to deal with the hassle of communicating with the other FFL before releasing the item. And the employees that work there might not even be aware of the situation.
slow10ker Likes This 
Old 01-11-2017, 07:09 PM   #5
Jweeks
GF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 196 Times on 158 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Send a message via Skype™ to Jweeks

Only time I have come across anything with an internet based trade was with an optic. Dude took a chance and mailed it directly to my home address to try out to see if I wanted it. We agreed that if I liked it, I would send my optic, and keep his, if not, I would return his. We just kept in contact through the process. Luckily we were both honest. Always been Leary to send anything without any security myself. However, ifnuou send your firearm and he accepts it and doesn't send his, then keep your trail of contact. If he stiffs you, then you can file mail fraud and interstate commerce charges. Long road to pursue, but it's an option anyway.
slow10ker Likes This 
Old 01-12-2017, 05:45 PM   #6
redwing471

Turns out my item sold on Gun Broker for full buyout. So the trade became unnecessary...

Quick Reply