You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of GlockForum.com    
Glock Forum > Glock Forums > Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights >

Ameriglo I-Dot vs CAP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2017, 09:18 PM   #11
Lucian_253
GF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 847 Times on 751 Posts

I would consider Trijicon HD's also!

kennydale Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2017, 03:18 PM   #12
glock2026

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Trijicon hd are very good quality and all trijicons last the 12 years in my experience. Buying 2 sets at once about broke my wallet for sure 270.30
Not cheap , wont even consider any other sight now , i prefer the yellow over orange front but pick your poison.

Old 03-18-2017, 07:39 PM   #13
xsquid
GF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 88 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I have owned xs big dots on several pistols and my old eyes love them. That being said I am looking at the i-dot pro's or the hackathorn's for my g17. While they still have that big dot (orange outline) up front I like the rear sight on these.

Just as soon have the hack's without the tritium in the rear but if I find them with the price close enough I will go for the i-dot's.

A tear forms in the eye of the eagle when those who defend us go down and we all lose.

Old 03-28-2017, 12:46 AM   #14
shooter5566

I recently bought Ameriglo orange T Caps for my Glock 19. With the T Cap the front sight is .125" wide and the rear notch is .155" wide. These are designed for better accuracy at longer distance.

You need to train with them as with any new sight. What I have notice is that I can not see the outline of the rear notch in some different light setting so I concentrate on aligning the square to the line on the rear as they were designed to do. As far as in a dark situation you just have the front green tritium. That means you can be looking over the rear sight or to the left or right of rear sight. The I-Dot may be a better choice.

Quick Reply