You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of GlockForum.com    
Glock Forum > General Discussion > Off-Topic >

Lost my job...lol!!!


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2017, 04:13 AM   #11
Lucian_253
GF_SUPPORTER.png
 
Lucian_253's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 7,275
Liked 926 Times on 809 Posts

Default

Sorry! Sucks losing your job anytime, but right after or before the holidays would be the worst!


Lucian_253 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017, 04:16 AM   #12
Lucian_253
GF_SUPPORTER.png
 
Lucian_253's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 7,275
Liked 926 Times on 809 Posts

Default

Don't know what your savings is like. Maybe you could get a small store front and a class 1 FFL and do something you really like.


Lucian_253 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017, 01:16 PM   #13
PattonWasRight
 
PattonWasRight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,620
Liked 389 Times on 308 Posts
Likes Given: 253

Default

Hey ... just got this email from AARP, take a look see and if interested, there's a webinar that will help you connect with 30 employers looking for seniors to do part time work

https://event.on24.com/eventRegistration/EventLobbyServlet?target=registration.jsp&eventid= 1312090&sessionid=1&key=70A184D502FEBA248C54665FE9 8E2457&partnerref=Jan-national-email-Registration-PT_Work_Fair&sourcepage=register
__________________
*** Just Your Average Jewish Redneck ***
Participant in Gun Fighting Training Program
Civilian Marksmanship Program competitor, M1 Garand
Part-Time Sales at Major Firearms Retailer
PattonWasRight is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017, 07:08 PM   #14
Greywood
If you have enough confidence every zoo is a petting zoo !
GF_SUPPORTER.png
 
Greywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Here
Posts: 715
Liked 169 Times on 126 Posts
Likes Given: 148

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
Hey ... just got this email from AARP, take a look see and if interested, there's a webinar that will help you connect with 30 employers looking for seniors to do part time work

https://event.on24.com/eventRegistration/EventLobbyServlet?target=registration.jsp&eventid= 1312090&sessionid=1&key=70A184D502FEBA248C54665FE9 8E2457&partnerref=Jan-national-email-Registration-PT_Work_Fair&sourcepage=register
I'm not a senior yet I'm 38 so I don't think I qualify. More than likely I'll bum around and pick up a security job at a local bar and take some coyotes for bounties once I get a bigger vehicle.Anyone want to buy a 350z....LOL!!!

Don't want to start/own my own business and everything I got is paid for so no real bills and the ones I do have I can cover.
As the days go by I care less and less and realize everything will be fine. Maybe I should worry more but I can't see how it would help...lol.
Greywood is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017, 08:25 PM   #15
Lucian_253
GF_SUPPORTER.png
 
Lucian_253's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 7,275
Liked 926 Times on 809 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywood View Post
I'm not a senior yet I'm 38 so I don't think I qualify. More than likely I'll bum around and pick up a security job at a local bar and take some coyotes for bounties once I get a bigger vehicle.Anyone want to buy a 350z....LOL!!!



Don't want to start/own my own business and everything I got is paid for so no real bills and the ones I do have I can cover.

As the days go by I care less and less and realize everything will be fine. Maybe I should worry more but I can't see how it would help...lol.

I was looking into doing home based class 1 FFL. From what I've read the ATF is no longer issuing home based class 1 FFL's since 2016. I'm kicking myself for dragging my feet on getting one. Your about the same age as I am. I also have no real debt except my house. Best of luck to you. I've been in your situation in the past. All you can do is work hard and trudge on!
Lucian_253 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017, 08:46 PM   #16
PattonWasRight
 
PattonWasRight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,620
Liked 389 Times on 308 Posts
Likes Given: 253

Default

Yeah buddy, not having debt at your age is HUGE. Congrats. I'm mid 50s but my brain is still stuck in my teenage years ... finally debt free, which is a great feeling. Pat yourself on your back ... your attitude & outlook is great, I'm not worried 'bout ya at all!
__________________
*** Just Your Average Jewish Redneck ***
Participant in Gun Fighting Training Program
Civilian Marksmanship Program competitor, M1 Garand
Part-Time Sales at Major Firearms Retailer
PattonWasRight is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017, 09:29 PM   #17
Lucian_253
GF_SUPPORTER.png
 
Lucian_253's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 7,275
Liked 926 Times on 809 Posts

Default

M
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
Yeah buddy, not having debt at your age is HUGE. Congrats. I'm mid 50s but my brain is still stuck in my teenage years ... finally debt free, which is a great feeling. Pat yourself on your back ... your attitude & outlook is great, I'm not worried 'bout ya at all!

My dad threatened my from age 18 if I carry a balance on a credit card. He'd kick my ass. Op might be naturally responsible. I needed incentive, lol.


Lucian_253 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lost the thread Limeybastard Holsters and Cases 2 08-02-2012 11:40 PM
Package from UPS either stolen or lost Shep482 Off-Topic 16 06-28-2012 04:02 PM
stolen/lost gun ornelasyuma Glock Forum 19 04-22-2012 04:27 PM
Lost my father to a gun related suicide this morning! Lazyboy06 Off-Topic 50 03-23-2012 01:52 PM
Today I lost a friend Kmurray96 Law Enforcement & Military 6 03-06-2012 10:42 PM

Glock and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Glock Ges.m.b.H. GlockForum.com is not in any way associated with Glock Ges.m.b.H. Thank you for being a member!