You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of GlockForum.com    
Glock Forum > General Discussion > Conceal & Open Carry >

Now that I'm carrying, need to rethink my wallet....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2017, 08:13 PM   #1
randomguy

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Now that I'm carrying, need to rethink my wallet....

Hey everyone:

So I got my carry license and I've got a Vedder IWB holster for my G43 that I really like. I'm usually at about 4:30 on it, which puts it right above my wallet.

I wear jeans to work most every day. Many many years ago, I switched to a single fold, long wallet, like the size of a check book. When I had a traditional short one, I found that the first thing to go on my jeans was the pocket tearing off on my wallet side, leaving a hole in the back. I attributed this to me having to dig way down into my pocket to get my wallet out. So I switched to a long wallet, and it actually made a difference in my jeans lasting longer if you can believe that.

But now I'm teaching part time and occasionally wear khaki's, and of course I've got a bunch of cargo type shorts. And now many of them have these tiny little short pockets that leave half of my big ass wallet sticking out. So sometimes I stick my wallet in my cargo pocket, but sometimes I use a pocket holster for my G43, so that's not handy either.

So anyway, I've got to carry cash, a few cards, some membership cards, etc. a driver's license, a CCL card, etc. and I'm thinking of maybe trying one of the newer "boxes" that prevent chip reading and stuff like that.

So my question is, show me your wallet or wallet type devices! Likes, dislikes, etc. I'm looking for options.... Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2017, 09:34 PM   #2
Glock19XDS9mm

Liked 76 Times on 67 Posts

Take a look at trayvax wallets. I use one and love it.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:44 PM   #3
GARRIGA

Liked 123 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Now that I'm carrying, need to rethink my wallet....

Has served me well for four plus years. Longest lasting wallet I've ever owned and don't see it needing replacement any time soon. Has the card reader lining protection. Not cheap. Cost me a Benjamin. I'd gladly pay that again when replacement happens.Now that I'm carrying, need to rethink my wallet.... - Conceal & Open Carry

Old 08-12-2017, 11:10 PM   #4
kennydale

Liked 401 Times on 346 Posts
Likes Given: 859

Having grown up in NYC and rode buses and subways I carried wallet in front left pocket all my life. I now use a minimalist DASH wallet ( just enough room for some ids plastic and cash). I still carry left front pocket but my BUG (LCP) sits there too

Old 08-12-2017, 11:22 PM   #5
Chambered

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

I too am considering up grading to something that offers more protection but haven't decided on anything yet.

you gonna skin that smoke wagon or just stand there and bleed?

Quick Reply