You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of GlockForum.com    
Glock Forum > Glock Forums > Glock Accessories & Gear >

Pearce +1 extension for G43

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2017, 12:51 AM   #21
yep380

Liked 54 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Got my 4 mags in. Have two converted to 7 rounders w/the pearce extensions, but they are RANGE only mags and so marked. I do not trust them one bit with carry ammo.

On a third mag, I tried to trim the bottom of the follower down so I could get 7 rounds in with the stock baseplate. Not gonna happen. I even dremeled out the innards of the follower. I could then get 7 rounds in, but there was no give and it was tight. Jamming that in the gun would certainly bend the extractor. I could make it fit by cutting a link off the spring, but I'm not going to do that. I could get 7 rounds in with room to spare by leaving out the plastic insert that seats on the base under the spring, but then the baseplate starts to bulge when its full with 7.

I've got a replacement follower coming, so I'll put the mag back to stock.

My thoughts are Glock would have put 7 rounds in the mag if there was a dependable way to do it. I trust the engineers there know exponentially more about mag design than I do.

I am going to check out the magguts at some point. That's off in the future though as I have other stuff to buy, like reloading supplies (always) and some nice sights for the G43.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2017, 08:23 PM   #22
bbunn32

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

This is the best, most informative post-string I've ever read. Direct, on topic, relative. The range report by yep380 and follow-up is fantastic. Real life stuff, thanks guys.

Old 05-29-2017, 05:55 PM   #23
yep380

Liked 54 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunn32 View Post
This is the best, most informative post-string I've ever read. Direct, on topic, relative. The range report by yep380 and follow-up is fantastic. Real life stuff, thanks guys.
Glad it was useful for you.

I wish the Pearce +1 would have worked out with my carry ammo.

I'm going to try the new ETS 7 round as well as the 12 round for the G43 at some point.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:12 AM   #24
mley1

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I have Pearce +1's on 2 mags, and Vickers +2's on 2 mags. All four mags work great with the Critical Defense 115's I've been using for carry ammo. I'm gonna get some HST's and see if there may be issues using them with my mags as well. Thanks yep380 for the range reports.

Marty
yep380 Likes This 
Old 05-31-2017, 12:13 AM   #25
mley1

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Mine also worked well with Hydroshocks.

Marty

Quick Reply