You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of GlockForum.com    
Glock Forum > Glock Forums > Glock Accessories & Gear >

First glock, upgrades/ modifications you recommend?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2017, 12:17 PM   #31
FrontierTCB

Liked 188 Times on 149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennydale View Post
Its not a Glock made item. But i am not altering the firearm, It does not alter the Trigger pull weight. Or reset. Think of it your PLASTIC guide rod fails. And you replace it with an After market Stainless Steel slide. ( If you have a FORD or GM vehicle. And you oil change let's say with Castrol rather than the factory recommanded brand, do you VOID your warranty? I don't think so. Nor does that give some SHYSTER cause to sue you, because you opted for a part that works better than the original Stock Part.
Ford, GM, guide rods, shysters, and motor oil aside. I was trying to point out (to keep confusion and incorrect info at a minimum for someone reading this in the future) that:
An aftermarket part made by a different company that did not come with the firearm (or pickup truck I guess) is not a "stock" part.

Sent from my iPhone

rbbeers Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2017, 06:44 PM   #32
teksid

Liked 224 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 176

I bought a Lightning Strike striker and safety plunger for my gaming gun. I couldn't feel any difference in the trigger pull from the titanium plunger so I put it back in the parts bin. If anything I thought the stock plunger felt better. The titanium striker FWIW has seen 16,000 rounds without issue.
After hearing about issues with the finish of the titanium plunger I kind of wish I had left it in there just to see if there was any wear after all the use.
ImageUploadedByGlock Forum1487443454.233768.jpg
ImageUploadedByGlock Forum1487443476.469224.jpg

Old 02-18-2017, 08:23 PM   #33
Lucian_253
GF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 743 Times on 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teksid View Post
I bought a Lightning Strike striker and safety plunger for my gaming gun. I couldn't feel any difference in the trigger pull from the titanium plunger so I put it back in the parts bin. If anything I thought the stock plunger felt better. The titanium striker FWIW has seen 16,000 rounds without issue.
After hearing about issues with the finish of the titanium plunger I kind of wish I had left it in there just to see if there was any wear after all the use.
Attachment 145350
Attachment 145351

Lol!! Looks my Glock parts box. Extra oem parts, and non oem ones I don't use anymore.

Old 02-24-2017, 11:36 AM   #34
British-pride

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I want to get a grip plug for my 17 , does it still fit with the added back strap ?

Quick Reply