You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of GlockForum.com    
Glock Forum > Glock Forums > Glock Accessories & Gear >

First glock, upgrades/ modifications you recommend?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2017, 11:17 AM   #31
FrontierTCB

Liked 194 Times on 154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennydale View Post
Its not a Glock made item. But i am not altering the firearm, It does not alter the Trigger pull weight. Or reset. Think of it your PLASTIC guide rod fails. And you replace it with an After market Stainless Steel slide. ( If you have a FORD or GM vehicle. And you oil change let's say with Castrol rather than the factory recommanded brand, do you VOID your warranty? I don't think so. Nor does that give some SHYSTER cause to sue you, because you opted for a part that works better than the original Stock Part.
Ford, GM, guide rods, shysters, and motor oil aside. I was trying to point out (to keep confusion and incorrect info at a minimum for someone reading this in the future) that:
An aftermarket part made by a different company that did not come with the firearm (or pickup truck I guess) is not a "stock" part.

Sent from my iPhone

rbbeers Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2017, 05:44 PM   #32
teksid

Liked 250 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 191

I bought a Lightning Strike striker and safety plunger for my gaming gun. I couldn't feel any difference in the trigger pull from the titanium plunger so I put it back in the parts bin. If anything I thought the stock plunger felt better. The titanium striker FWIW has seen 16,000 rounds without issue.
After hearing about issues with the finish of the titanium plunger I kind of wish I had left it in there just to see if there was any wear after all the use.
ImageUploadedByGlock Forum1487443454.233768.jpg
ImageUploadedByGlock Forum1487443476.469224.jpg

Old 02-18-2017, 07:23 PM   #33
Lucian_253
GF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 941 Times on 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teksid View Post
I bought a Lightning Strike striker and safety plunger for my gaming gun. I couldn't feel any difference in the trigger pull from the titanium plunger so I put it back in the parts bin. If anything I thought the stock plunger felt better. The titanium striker FWIW has seen 16,000 rounds without issue.
After hearing about issues with the finish of the titanium plunger I kind of wish I had left it in there just to see if there was any wear after all the use.
Attachment 145350
Attachment 145351

Lol!! Looks my Glock parts box. Extra oem parts, and non oem ones I don't use anymore.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:36 AM   #34
British-pride
GF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 104 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I want to get a grip plug for my 17 , does it still fit with the added back strap ?

Old 03-14-2017, 04:26 PM   #35
conejito

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 22

New Sights, More Magazines, Ammo, Proper Personal Protection Instruction from a Known Instructor. I also did a under-cut on my trigger guard to give me a better grip on the gun and relief on my fingers from the jagged edges of said trigger guard. Oh, and I polished up the trigger bar and plunger to get rid of the gritty feeling.

Being left handed, and some of my friends who are left handed who have picked up my Model 17 Gen 4, all said that it feels better in their hand with the under-cut and the rounded over edges. You don't need to pay a lot of money for it either. Even if you don't want to do the undercut, at least round over the edges of the trigger guard, it makes a huge difference.

These are all things that you can do at home with a little bit time and short dollars.
Remember, it's your gun, if you plan on keeping it, you can do what you want to it.

Note: Try to find someone who has the work done and feel it in your hand before you do anything. It is well worth the aggravation.

God bless!

Old 03-14-2017, 04:29 PM   #36
conejito

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Oh, by the way, it will void your warranty if you modify the frame and some after market parts. Check with Glock and get a leeter stating such before you do these mods.

Old 03-14-2017, 07:13 PM   #37
Bayou

Liked 81 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by British-pride View Post
I want to get a grip plug for my 17 , does it still fit with the added back strap ?
If you have a G17 GEN. 4 you do have to make sure to get a Gen. 4 compatible grip plug so you can use the backstraps with it. I have a G22 Gen 4 and got the Pearce brand. The Pearce part number is part # PG-G4MF if you go with that brand and it is the same one that fits the G22 gen 4. Costs $6.00 + shipping at www.pearcegrip.com. I like that brand because you don't have to use an allen screw with it. Just push it in and a "tab" locks it in place. It fits snug so you don't have to worry about it getting loose and falling out from the recoil.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:35 PM   #38
SixG17s

Liked 284 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPerfection View Post
They claim the hole was to gain access to remove the magazine if it should be stuck? Has anyone ever had one get stuck? I plugged all mine as well but good to know it annoyed others, lol.

It's not for ripping out mags, that is what the half moon cut on the front of the grip is for (on most Glocks, not all). The hole in the back is for a lanyard, most of the air cops use them. Don't want to drop your gun out of the airship at 2,000 feet.

Not all Glocks come with the front cut, like my G31s. So since I carry non drop free mags, I just got the dremel out and fixed it.

First glock, upgrades/ modifications you recommend? - Glock Accessories & Gear

Last edited by SixG17s; 03-14-2017 at 09:34 PM.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:16 AM   #39
youngridge

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 16

New sights....absolute must in low light situations. 33 round mags are on sale at Midway USA for $25. Not a bad deal, have alot of them, they are a blast. Ammo ammo ammo

Quick Reply