Blue Label Glocks
Among Glock owners there is that great and mythical beast known across the country as a blue label gun. Let us clear up some of the rumors and see if you qualify for one of your own.
What is a Blue Label?
For those who don't know, Glocks all come in the same black box but with several different colored labels for dealers. Guns for commercial sales guns with two low capacity (10-round or less) magazines have a white label. Guns for commercial sales with two-three high capacity magazines have a red label. Guns for sale to the public safety community with 2-3 magazines (subcompacts ship with fewer mags) have a blue label. These blue label Glocks are a source of much rumor and discussion inside the polymer frame shooting community.
These firearms are set aside deals specifically for those who keep us safe: the law enforcement, military and first responder community. These include:
- Sworn Law Enforcement officers, including Federal, State, County, & City.
- (Includes retired L.E. officers with "retired" credentials)
- EMT's, Fire Fighters, Volunteer Fire Fighters, and Paramedics
- Military personnel including Reservists and National Guard with I.D.
- (Includes retired Military with "retired" credentials)
- Corrections Officers, including Parole and Probation Officers
- State Licensed Security Companies (Loomis, RAM, etc.)
- State Licensed Armed Security Officers
- Court Judges, District Attorneys, and Deputy District Attorneys.
- LE Academy Cadets with enrollment documentation from the Academy
- Commercial Pilot license holders, Federal Flight Deck Officers, and members of the TSA
This may sound very select, but it actually includes several million citizens.
Be sure to take your agency or military identification, state issued armed guard permit, original department official use letter or other authorized I.D. Glock blue label LEO dealers must take copies of ID and use it as proof that the gun was sold to an eligible person to stay in the program. Just bringing your driver's license, a story and a smile isn't going to cut it.
GLOCK Sport Shooting Foundation (GSSF) members with current gun purchase card can also get these discounts. The GSSF GLOCK Pistol Purchase Card will be issued to a GSSF Annual Member renewing an annual membership for a second consecutive year. The GSSF GLOCK Pistol Purchase Card will be issued to a GSSF 'Two-Year', 'Three Year', 'Five Year', or 'Lifetime' Member with their initial membership card.
What are the prices?
Here you go, the Glock authorized Blue Label price list (subject to change at any time etc.). Some dealers often sell these are higher to cover their operating costs, so the below are pretty much as low as they go for new in the box Glocks. These are all with three magazines for full sized guns and two for subcompacts and fixed (not adjustable or night) sights. These guns fitted with adjustable sights are usually about $20 more, GLOCK Night sights about $50 more, Trijicon Night sights about $80 more, and Truglo TFOs for about $100 more.
- Glock model 17, 19, 22,23,26,27,31,32,33 $398.20 + Tax
- Glock model 17C, 19C, 22C, 23C, 31C, 32C $422.40 + Tax
- Glock model 20, 21, 21SF, 29, 30, 30SF, 36 $464.20 + Tax
- Glock model 20C, 21C $508.20 + Tax
- Glock model 34, 35 $480.70, + Tax
- Glock model 37, 38, 39 $414.70 + Tax
Do not try to argue the prices down further as these are set by Glock and the shop themselves sell these as a public service virtually for cost.
Where can you get one?
Even though there are thousands of Glock dealers across the country, few of these are stocking Blue Label law enforcement dealers. There is an interactive guide to these dealers on Glock's website that will supply directions and contact information for the one nearest to you. You can also check the Blue Label Program webpage where you can fill out a short form and the LE coordinator will contact you about the nearest dealer in your area. You can also email the coordinator directly at LE.firstname.lastname@example.org. If nothing else, call and around and ask specific questions of your local gun store if they are in the program.
They are pretty hard to beat.